Friday, August 27, 2010

A tip to know if a saddle fits right on a horse

Hello! Today I went and rode my horse which was lots of fun! The weather has been soo beautiful lately and I rode around in the field that was filled with clover and butterflies were EVERYWHERE!! It was so pretty and fun. Anyways, one way you can tell that a saddle fits on a horse correctly is that after you take the saddle off (and if you've been riding for a while or working your horse pretty well) there will be sweat from where the saddle was on your horse's back. There should be sweat all over the place where the saddle was sitting...if there is a spot with no sweat, you will know that your saddle isn't completely touching the horse's body. Your saddle should sit well on your horse's back and not have any spots where it's not touching. Here is a picture of my horse (Summer) when I took off her saddle today:

As you can see, pretty much her whole back is covered in sweat which means my saddle fits pretty well! :) Have a great day everyone!

Some things I'm thankful for today:

1. Butterflies and pretty moths.

2. All of God's gorgeous plants.

3. The flying feeling you get when you are cantering on a horse!

4. God's love which He shows through the animals He's created.

2 comments:

Thank you so much for all of your comments! Have a wonderful day!