Monday, April 12, 2010

Jumping!


Have you ever tried going over a jump on a horse? Well, I have with my horse and some of my friend's horses. The tallest jump I've ever gone over is probably about 4 feet high. This year I decided to go over some jumps again but i thought I should start with a small one (about one and a half feet tall). Well, there was a pole that wasn't completely underneath the jump, but a little in front of the jump. Summer (my horse) wasn't ready for it and thought she had to jump higher than she had to and I wasn't leaning forward. I flew onto Summer's neck and held on as tight as I could while she cantered after she landed the jump! I fell off of her and pulled her bridle right off with me! She just stopped and started eating the grass while I quickly got up and made sure I was alright!!!! So, some advice for you if you decide to go over a jump, LEAN FORWARD!!!!!!! And make sure there is nothing around the jump that makes the horse that you are riding misjudge it!

6 comments:

  1. Yeah Abbey! make sure you lean forward next time! even though that was really funny, i really dont want that to happen again because if there is a next time (which i really hope not!)you might get really hurt. Still that was funny how Summers bridle flew off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear I hope you are all right after falling off your horse! I wish I could go riding. And go over jumps on a horse. That would me fun! But I think I would take your advice and lean forward :)

    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  3. For Lena: Yes, I will make sure I lean forward next time!!! That was funny that her bridle came off though and then we had to chase her and put it back on!!!!! :) hehe

    For Lizzie: I'm totally fine! I wasn't even really sore which was good! Ya, riding is very fun!!! Do please lean forward if you ever go on a jump!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Abby!
    I have awarded you on my blog for the Beautiful Blog award!You can go check it out on my blog :)

    ~Lizzie~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Lizzie!!!! :) I am going to go check it out right now!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh no, yeah the horse that I ride, I jump 2'6 feet and he jumps way to high, but he is new at it

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all of your comments! Have a wonderful day!